So, now that my legs and joints have recovered from my 11 mile hike, I have a stabbing pain in the outside of my right foot. It started Sunday morning and I've been a lazy wimp about it all week. Meaning, that I've been complaining about the pain but doing nothing about it.
Well this morning I finally twisted on it just right to almost send me to my knees. I called the local foot doctor here in town and they felt that it wasn't such an emergency and scheduled me to come in on Tuesday...unless I couldn't stand it any more and then I should go to the ER.
right......
So after talking with my landlady, I decided to try a different foot doctor about 30 miles away. They were very concerned and scheduled me in as early as could be tomorrow morning!
I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture. It's pretty painful. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think and this is one occasion where I hope I am overreacting to the pain! Wish me luck!
*By the way, this is not MY foot, it's some guy's x-ray...but where it's circled is where my pain is as well*
image from: http://kristin2008.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/20100120blog1-copy.jpg?w=204&h=300

1 comment:
I'm glad you found another doc to check out. I hope it's something that's easy enough to find relief from.
And nice job on being so productive on your day off!
Post a Comment