In about 9 hours (hopefully) we'll all be loaded in the van and on the road! We are embarking on another lengthy road-trip, this one, not nearly as awful as the first. We are heading to Queen Creek, Arizona to visit awesome family members and to run our little legs off...Ok, Jon and the girls will be running, I'll be pulling my hair out watching the boys!
We have been looking for reasons to get our rear ends down to Arizona for quite some time now. Part of Jon's family lives down there and we just could never find the time or have the money. Well, now we have the time, and I doubt we'll ever have the money, but we have enough to suffice. Jon has also started running again. Last April he ran a 1/2 marathon in Wennatchee, Washington and caught the marathon bug. When we found out there was going to be a 1/2 marathon in Phoenix, we couldn't resist. He would get to run and we would get to see family. Double Bonus! Then a few weeks ago, I found a kids race the day before Jon's. The girls both said they wanted to do it and so on Saturday morning, they each will be running a mile with about 4,000 other kids. WOW! But at least they'll get a t-shirt and a medal and such (that's all they care about anyway).
We're heading out tomorrow and making a few pit stops in Utah. I have friends and family there that we haven't seen in a while and we're excited to catch up with everyone. Then Wednesday morning we'll head out for the rest of the trip.
Here's hoping for good weather, good roads, and a good time on Sunday! I'll post pics and a full report later...
No comments:
Post a Comment