Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fishing with "the guys"

Jon left this morning to go deep sea fishing with some guys from work. I must have mixed feelings about this because I'm posting about it. Who knows, maybe I just needed to let off a little steam.

Now I am all for going out and having fun. I think that Jon works hard to provide for us and that he deserves a little "treat" every once in a while. But for 3 days??? I'm just trying to remember the last "treat" I had....and no, the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I had after he left this morning do not count.

We haven't been on a date since before Valentine's day and I'm about fried with all of the girls school stuff, church stuff, and over-all "being mommy" stuff.....I NEED A BREAK! If I go and do anything that is for me (and church meetings do not count!) I usually end up with at lest 1 kid with me, but it's usually all of them.

So, needless to say, I'm complaining. I admit it and I feel I have a right to it! There is absolutely no way that Jon would watch the kids while I went and had fun, hours away, for 3 days.

So now I sit here pondering on what to do. I could really deep clean the house and get rid of a bunch of stuff *side note: That is the most practical and logical thing to do without him here to "keep" stuff*. Or I could finish up whatever homework I have for the week and then just lounge around in pj's all weekend, or find something else to do with someone....

My luck, I will sit all weekend trying to figure out what to do...go figure.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry Pam. I honestly wish I lived closer and could give you a break! I hope that this weekend turns out to be better than you think it will. We Love ya!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

I hear you Pam. It isn't fair. You deserve a break. I hope that you get to go out soon just you and a friend. NO KIDS!!!

Tiffany said...

You should go get a pedi after Jon gets back. Leave all the kids with him. Then you will at least get a great foot massage and cute toes for summer.

Shelly said...

You deserve at least three days out too! Don't worry I'll set him straight for you!! :)