I just feel awful for that poor woman in the previous post! I think that I should do some service for her to help her out around the house since her husband is away at work all of the time and her kids are little balls of excitement running from room to room leaving a trail of poky things all over the stairs and spilling cereal all over the kitchen floor just waiting to see if sugar ants will find their feast...
When I went visiting teaching the other day we discussed the lesson involving the divine roles of women. One sister that I visit said that whenever she had to do something that she didn't want to do like clean the bathroom or wash the dishes, or vacuum, etc., she would just say "I feel awful for this woman who has to live with this messy bathroom, I'm going to clean it for her". She said that she was always willing to help out if someone else needed help in their home and at any time she would leave her family to go and help out another sister in the ward, why should she feel different in her own home? By serving herself, she was serving her family and she was able to make time for it and everyone was happy and she wasn't so stressed out about getting the daily chores done.
That hit me in a profound way. Today, (I actually had energy), and managed to wash, dry, fold, and put away 4 loads of laundry, wash 2 loads of dishes, sweep and mop the kitchen, take out the trash, straighten the laundry room, vacuum the living room, watch a movie with the kids, make 2 different kinds of cookies, and go to the store twice (totally forgot the lemon for the fish we had for dinner--I blame the Benadryl). Yes, I'm tired. And yes I'm sore but the sense of accomplishment that I have right now, I don't have words for. I don't know how long this attitude will last, but at least for today I know that it was possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment