Kyra has a shirt that asks if it's Saturday yet and I wish I had one in my size right now!
I am definitely ready for this week to be over!
It started Sunday night with the beginning of (what I didn't know then), a severe allergic reaction to heaven knows what. (I thought I was only allergic to walnuts and pecans like my mom--boy was I wrong!) So I scratched at what I thought were dry elbows and knees Sunday night and got the kids in bed and went to bed myself. At 3 am Ethan woke up and after I got him settled back down, I went into the bathroom to look at my eyes (they hurt) and WHOA! My eyes had swelled almost shut and my ears were starting to turn bright red and swell also. I decided to take a quick shower to get whatever was on me, off. That worked until about 6 :30 am when Jon came home from work. After getting the girls off to school I still couldn't stop scratching and so I took some Benadryl to try to ease the pain...no such luck. I called my sister who works in an allergy clinic for some advice and quickly went to the store in search of some relief. Finally after Jon got up we decided (with the encouragement of my mom) that I should go in and see someone about it. When I got to the Urgent Care clinic, they rushed me back to a triage room and saw the rash and the scratching and the swelling (by now my eyes, ears, upper lip, and hands were swollen) and shot me up with 100 mg of Benadryl and then put me on Prednisone and up to 100 mg of Benadryl every 4 hours for the next 72 hours. I wasn't allowed to drive and so I asked Jon's brother to bring me home so I could sleep. Later that night Jon was able to go and get my prescriptions and a life-saving cold-compress/soak solution (thanks Debbie!).
I have to say that now about 80 hours after getting the injection of Benadryl, I look and feel normal again but I am not loving the side-effects of the Prednisone. I have a jittery feeling that I can't get rid of and probably won't for the next 12 days until the Prednisone has ran it's course.
And of course this is all in time for me to help the girls with their Valentines and make cookies for their parties at school. To help Jon with his monthly pot-luck dinner on Sunday for work and to get ready to conduct in Primary. Oh yeah, I also did my visiting teaching...(that's another post in itself) had a Visiting Teaching interview, our home teachers came over for their monthly visit and so did the Elder's Quorum presidency...and my house looked like...I won't go there. You can imagine it with 4 kiddos ruling the house and their mom on the couch trying desperately not to fall asleep because she was afraid of what might happen in those few moments while her eyes were closed. (I lost a lot of little 10 minute intervals this week)!
So, I ask again...IS IT SATURDAY YET???
No comments:
Post a Comment