The Christmas season is upon us and there is a crisp chill in the air. I like to think back during this season at what it would have been like to celebrate the birth of our Savior during past generations. Today everything is extremely commercialized and children focus on wants and desires versus needs or the giving of gifts. What would it have been like to sit around a fire, and just have family and those friends whom you love near by? Life was so much simpler 100-200 years ago. Some days I wish I could go back to that time period and live and show my children just how easy they have it during this time period.
I like to think about the birth of Christ. His mother Mary was so uncomfortable due to being so far along. To ride all of those miles on the back of a donkey or to have walked part of the journey must have induced labor. The gift from the Father to the world is something that I will never be able to express my gratitude for. All I can do is live and work to the best of my ability and follow the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ and pray for His mercy to allow me to be exalted and live with them in the Highest of Kingdoms. With his forgiveness and love, I know I will be able to do just that. I know that it can be difficult, but by allowing His will to lead my life, I have nothing to worry about.
Our family has been blessed with the ability to travel to Montana twice this season. We were able to come for Thanksgiving and then again for Christmas. I love to be with family! The kids are enjoying the opportunity to be at Grandma and Grandpa's and love the fact that their cousins are coming to play with as well! They actually get to play in the snow while they are here in Montana. They were very worried that there was not going to be any snow, but Montana pulled through! Hopefully we will be able to stop the bickering that has plagued our house this year and make it even more enjoyable!
We send our love to those who read this and to those who do not! We look forward to 2012 with lots of anticipation and big things to come!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love,
Jon, Pamela,
Kyra, Megan, Jacob & Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment