There seems to never be enough time in the day to do the things that I want to do. It seems that when I finally accomplish a task that has been nagging at me, another one pops up in it's place.
Megan's baptism is this Saturday and she has asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I'm not sure why I tried to convince her that someone else should give it, except for the fact that I'm also coming up with the program and everything else that is "baptism" oriented, but that is beside the point because, after all, I am MOM and that's my job.
So, now that I have August Visiting Teaching assignment changes handed out and a jump start on my Relief Society lesson that is slated for August, I can focus on my talk....oh yeah, and the program, and the company, and the house cleaning....
Griping aside, I truly am humbled that she asked me. After all, I AM her mother and I AM responsible for teaching her gospel principles. If she's going to learn it, it needs to come from ME.
So as I sat at the computer tonight stalling....I worked on the program instead....thoughts come to my mind on how I should present the information that she needs to hear. She needs to know about the fact that this is a gift. There is power in the Holy Ghost. He is a comforter, a testifier, a witness, a guide. I really could go on forever on this topic and hope that it sinks in just a tiny bit so that she will be able to make wise decisions and that she will remain worthy to always feel the Spirit.
With each direction that my talk turns, I find myself reconfirming all of the things that I know to be true about the Holy Ghost. Some of which I have taken for granted many times in my life. The Spirit has confirmed to me, through an 8 year old girl, my Megan, that I needed to prepare this talk more for myself than for her. I truly needed to "refresh" my testimony of the Holy Ghost and how truly he is a gift in my life.
I am thankful for my children and for how close they are to our Heavenly Father. Their sweet spirits fill our home with love and laughter and joy. They also serve as persistent reminders that Heavenly Father hears my prayers. He knows who I am and what I am struggling with. He knows what I need even though I may try to deny and push it off onto someone else. He truly wants what is best for all of His children and I am thankful for that knowledge.
Now I need to go and organize my thoughts and actually write out a talk. I've added blogging to my stall tactics and must now, "go and do".
2 comments:
Ah, the all too well known condition called Procrastination! I think it's awesome Megan asked you to speak. You'll have the chance to "formally" teach your child. That's not something we mothers get to do too often.
Good luck with everything you've got going this week.
I too am such a procrastinator. It made me feel a lot better though when you said it only needed to be 5 minutes.
Post a Comment