Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bathroom re-do

 The big window in the bathroom addition.  Ethan tried to pull the horizontal blinds up and completely snapped the end off.  Now I have dark brown curtains to keep the privacy of all who use the restroom.  (The smaller windows are frosted glass and just let the light in.)
 This is a photo of the new soffet.  This is the part that had the leak and we had to open it up. This was a mess to deal with, but it's done! 
 New light fixture above the vanity.  The old fixture held 9 bulbs.  Made me think of a celebrity dressing room...Very Bright!  This is much better!
Jon covered up the heating duct work that was just painted over before.  He built the soffet to cover it (on the left) and it just feels so much better!  The light fixture is new as well.  We needed a new exhaust vent and found this one that matched the fixtures we already had going.  This picture also is the best for the color I painted it.  I went with a green and brown theme with the different shades and a chrome/brushed nickel effect on the fixtures. I think that it makes the bathroom more peaceful/

No comments: