I have been having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit. I don't know what my problem is, I typically LOVE this time of year!
What's not to love about hooded sweatshirts, warm fuzzy socks, crisp leaves, hot cocoa or warm apple cider, holiday music, the smell of cinnamon, warm fires, etc.?
I think my main problem is that the weather here has not cooperated. We keep having days in the high 50's and no sign of snow anywhere. It does not resemble one bit of fall that I have come to know and love.
Another problem is that I've been so preoccupied by family issues that I haven't even had the chance to sit down and breathe in the anticipation that the holidays bring.
I think, no, I know that I am in a "fall funk". It's depressing. I know I need to get out of it soon because Monday is the beginning of all of my holiday happenings for the next 40 days.
Why Monday? Well, Monday is my birthday. I'm turning 30. I'm not depressed about it or anything, actually, I'm excited. It will be nice to finally be out of my 20's. And then the first order of business in my 30's is to gorge myself on turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and yams and well, you get the idea.
So for these next couple of days, I will hang out in my funk in order to conserve energy for everything that the holidays have to offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment