Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What are you listening to?

I have been trying really hard lately to listen and to play uplifting music to maybe, just maybe instill a more peaceful feeling around our house and to discourage the chasing and yelling and screaming and such...It may be impossible, but I'm trying!!

Now the kids yell and scream the Primary songs that they know as they run, sit in the bathroom, color, etc.  Not an ounce of peace exists while they are awake..and if it is peaceful it is usually because they are coloring on a dresser, or re-lacing Jon's tennis shoes or, as Jacob put it, "tying them up good".  They've also managed to paint Ethan's toenails, knees, shorts and other body parts, spread peanut butter all over their bodies and such.  All while I am in the other room. 

Where was I going with this post? Oh yes, music.

In the van, the radio station that is often playing is usually NPR.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE country fan and I'm not proud of the fact that all of my kids (Ethan included) know the tune, verses, chorus, and bridge to "Rain is a Good Thing" by Luke Bryan...(see below)
















Ok, So the video won't play by request of whoever, but you can watch/listen to it on YouTube.  Anywho, I'm not proud, but I do think it's kind of funny...Jacob also knows Bon Jovi's"Livin' on a Prayer"




Which of course, you usually won't find on NPR.  So that leads me to listening to our favorite radio program... "Prarie Home Companion"



Well, I hope you found those uplifting and made you laugh a little bit.  Here's a clip from the Movie "A Prarie Home Companion".  I can't stop laughing and I reccommend this movie to anyone who wants a good laugh!  It has Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson, John C. Reily, Lily Tomlin, Lindsey Lohan....the list goes on and on.  Enjoy! *this one has a little bit more of adult content, but I dare you not to laugh!*



No comments: