Ok, I'm a blogger slacker.
I could have bet money that something would have interrupted our Insane workout schedule and I would have made BIG BUCKS! Jon and I both had serious allergy/sinus attacks and it became so hard to breathe that we couldn't keep up. Jon did better than me, so YAY for him! I started back on my Wii Biggest Loser trainer and my other Biggest Loser video workout and am feeling pretty good about it.
Jon was called to be the 1st counselor in the YM's presidency at church. So he gets to work with the 14 and 15 year old boys at church. He's pretty excited. He does such a great job with that age group. With his knowledge of the gospel and the way he relates to the boys, he does a great job. I was released from my teaching calling and plan on helping support Jon with all the busy-ness that the Young Mens will provide.
The kids are still growing like weeds! Ethan is starting to talk. He can finish words, but doesn't start them very well. On Sunday I caught him giving Megan "wet-willies" during church. It was very hard not to laugh!
School is out for the summer and we have already taken a "mini-vacation". We loaded the kids up and drove to Montana to see my parents. It was my sister's birthday and we had fun seeing everyone! In fact, the "wet-willy" Sunday was the same day we got up at 4 am (5 am MT time) and drove the 6 hours back to Hermiston to be be at church by 1 pm so that Jon could end up giving the opening prayer, blessing part of the sacrament, being sustained and set-apart for his new calling and teaching the lesson in Elder's Quorum. WOW....Busy!
Next week the kids and I are going to load back into the van and head back to MT for a week. This way we can go back and see all of the friends we missed. Jon will be busy with work and we really wouldn't see him very much so it works for all of us. Just wish Jon was coming too....I'm going to really miss him!
I won't get started on all of the great discussions Jon and I have had lately on marriage and divorce and such. We have an extended family situation that has brought these subjects up and I think it's great that we are being reintroduced to doctrine we've known, but now have a better understanding of. It makes me so happy and thankful for the marriage that Jon and I have. We work daily to make it as great as possible. Some days we slip up, but in the end, we are so much stronger in our relationship by doing the best we can and by helping each other. I love my husband and hope to show him that everyday! I'm so thankful we have each other!
Here's to a low-key, yet somewhat busy summer! Hopefully I will be better at keeping a record of it!
1 comment:
I hope you will find time to visit us.
Post a Comment