Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

To the one I love,
Happy Anniversary! It has been a roller-coaster of 9 years and I'm happy to have had you in the seat next to me! I love you more and more!
Love,
Pamela


---Sorry had to get that out of the way...actually not sorry for writing that...I love him and I am not ashamed to have written that!---


Jon and I met at Ricks College in January 2000. We were in the same Family Home Evening Group and went on several activities at the same time, but our first date was in April 8, 2000. It was the last dance of the semester and the last dance we attended together as single people. On May 6, 2000 we got engaged and we were married August 18, 2000 in the Portland, Oregon LDS temple. All I can say, is when you know, you know.

We lived in Rexburg, Idaho until December 2003. Kyra Mekaylah joined our family on October 29, 2001 and Megan Elisabeth followed July 19, 2003.

We moved to Lolo, Montana so that Jon could finish his Anthropology/Archaeology degree at the University of Montana. He graduated in 2005 and on May 8, 2006 Jacob Harrison joined the family.

We soon found ourselves moving to Hermiston, Oregon in November 2007. On March 8, 2008 Ethan Taylar joined the Shaw household.

As of today, we have a second grader and a first grader, a preschooler and a toddler. Jon is busy at work providing for us and working hard. I stay home with the kids and I am going to school full-time, online.

Our "10-year" plan is almost up and we're not exactly where we wanted to be, but we know that if we "keep our eye on the prize" we will make it. It's been a great 9 years. Ups and downs? YES! but, I know that in the eternal realm of things, we can't complain!

Now onto eternity!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Happy Anniversary (yesterday)! Hope you guys had a great day!!!