Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update on us...

Oh where do I begin?

I guess first of all, Jon has been working hard towards certifying in his new position so that he can get a raise and he finally did it last night! Yippee!!! (Although we've realized that we might as well hand over everything we're getting extra to the state of Oregon due to the fact that we felt like we were mugged of our federal tax return...whole different story...) So, all of the stressful days should be behind us. We were able to have a nice week with him home hanging out with us and I was able to sleep in (sort of) every morning because he got up with the girls and walked them out to the bus! (Little ways I know he loves me and the girls!) he is also planning a trip to go deep sea fishing in May and so miracles never cease and he's decided to start eating seafood....slowly, but still I'll take baby steps! (anyone with good recipes, please send them my way!!!)

Kyra has been busy trying to lose her third baby tooth. Some days I think she's trying harder than others. She's working hard at her reading and her math skills. She is doing math races at school to see how many problems she can get done in a minute and she's doing very well at them.

Megan is upset that she hasn't lost any teeth yet--total drama around that subject--and in school, she is catching up to Kyra with her reading skills. I'm thrilled that they are reading and spelling so well, but part of me is sad because Jon and I can't spell out words in front of them without them catching on. (Not that it was very successful--Jon will be the first to admit that he doesn't spell very well). We have new neighbors and there is a little girl that is Megan's age and so they get to play together a lot and Megan couldn't be happier! She is always moping around because Kyra has all of the friends and she doesn't get to play with anyone and now things are looking up.

Jacob is talking better as the days go by. The only problem is that he is picking up phrases from tv and other people that a 2-year-old shouldn't be saying and so he gets into trouble a lot. But my favorite, (I won't let him know it, but it secretly makes me smile) is when he says, "holy shoot" (quoted from Mater in the movie "Cars"). When one of his cars goes flying and lands upside down you can almost bet money that you'll hear, "holy shoot". He also likes to say things like, "that's just terrible" and "I'm not cute, I'm HANDSOME!" He is being a big helper around the house and likes to help me switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and he likes to hold the dustpan for me when I sweep. He is also very good about putting his clothes away in the correct drawers and trying to make his bed. I could go without the tantrums, but with the good we must also have the bad.

Ethan is growing bigger day by day. He is walking...when he wants to. The other morning Jacob was laying down on the floor and instead of crawling over to him, Ethan stood up and walked. When he got to Jake, he dropeed and fell on Jacob's face. (Jacob was fine). I thought it was an accident first and then he did it again two more times. He loves taking advantage of "wrestling" when anyone is laying on the floor. It never fails, he comes over with a huge grin on his face and lays on top of you. He has figured out how to lift the lid to the toilet so that he can splash in the water *note to self, buy one of those locking things for toilet lid* and if the kids are taking a shower, he will crawl into the shower and join them fully clothed. He LOVES peek-a-boo and covers his forehead and ear when he plays...sometimes covering one or both eyes.

I am staying busy with Primary and taking care of things at home. I'm trying to go through everything and get rid of a bunch of stuff but it seems to be going slowly. Maybe I'll get a really strong itch and get it done soon.

I hope everyone is doing well! We'd love to hear how everyone is doing! All our love!
Pamela

No comments: