Friday, August 29, 2008

First day of school


The first day of school has come and gone for Kyra and Megan. Actually, the first week is gone. Jon, Jacob, Ethan and myself accompanied the girls on Tuesday to meet teachers and find classrooms. Megan has Mrs. Hatch who was Kyra's teacher last year. Kyra has Mrs. Schaefer who is very nice and very organized. Kyra is thrilled to be at school all day again and to be able to bring her own lunch. They have a very early morning! The bus comes and picks them up at 6:55am. Megan gets off of the bus at 11:25am and Kyra comes home at 3:20pm.
The bus comes up our driveway to drop off Megan since the driver has to see me and we have to wave to each other...she knows about the boys and refuses to make me come all the way to the road (sorry, no pic). Kyra gets dropped off at the beginning of our driveway and then we watch the driver turn around in the field next to our house.

Jacob still thinks the girls are asleep in bed when he wakes up and I have to keep telling him that they've been gone for a while.
I'm pretty sure this will be a great year! The girls love school and are excited for all the "fun things" they get to do...hopefully it stays that way!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Pam, I can't believe how big the girls are. Can you believe you have two in school already? I am so looking forward to those days. Only two more years to go. LOL

Becky said...

They are so darn cute! I'm glad to hear they're enjoying school. I hope it's that easy when we begin the process.

The Crocketts said...

Wow! Two in school! That's crazy. I'm so glad they like it and that you're all doing well.