Hi everyone! Here's a fun re-cap of my week!
At the beginning of the week I had cleaned the boy's room and found a total of $.07 that Jacob had "earned" on the floor. I put it up in the windowsill (can't find the piggy bank yet) and vacuumed. Later on Kyra came running downstairs crying and saying that Jacob had swallowed a penny. When I get to the room, I find both pennies but the nickel is missing...oh joy. After calling my mom (wouldn't you?) I look under Jake's bed and low and behold there is the nickel...crisis adverted.
A day later I added 2 more kids to our chaos by inviting Laci and Garrett, Jon's niece and nephew, over for a sleep-over. We had lots of fun and still managed to keep it quiet for Jon to sleep.
Two days later I add 3 kids to our bunch by helping out some friends who had to do some errands "kid-less". We had lots of fun running through sprinklers and such. It's been hot and the kids have had lots of fun in the water. That day was also the day that Kyra learned a valuable lesson. "If it is hot or sharp, let it fall". I had just microwaved her a chicken pot pie for lunch and set it on the counter (my fault is that it was close to the edge) and she knocked it off. While trying to save me from having to clean up a mess, she tried to catch it. Needless to say, her fingers went in to the extremely hot pie and burned her pretty bad. The blister is the size of a quarter and it is puffed up a good half inch. Lots of crying and ice packs! That night, Jon and I got some quiet time and watched the movie 10,000 BC. It's actually much better than I thought it would be. It has a great story in it. I managed to stay awake the whole time...that's a big accomplishment! In the middle of the movie, Jacob comes downstairs with a peculiar powder on his PJ's. It's dark in the kitchen and I can't figure out what is on him until I walk into his room. He kept saying "cookies, bed" and I kept telling him "no cookies in bed, it's late". Well, he had "formulated" his own cookies by dumping a brand new can of baby formula, that was left in the diaper bag, all over his bed and the floor and himself, and pretty much the room...more vacuuming and a good laugh came from that situation.
Saturday was a day that Jon tried to sleep while I tried to keep kids quiet...Big failure. We ended up going grocery shopping and picking exterior paint colors for the house we live in...they trust us WAY too much!
Sunday was fun...hot and humid, I went to church while Jon slept (3 1/2 hours of pure quiet). The kids actually did better this week than previous weeks without Jon and I had sharing time...Lots of fun! It turned out great! I only had 3 kids in senior primary and about 20 in junior primary...not too bad. Later, after Jon went to work, the kids and I finished the Indiana Jones movies they started with Jon. Then we made cupcakes and they even let me take a nap! Miracles never cease! So, after a couple of cupcakes and a very big bottle of water, I'm sitting here with all the kids sleeping. Crazy I know, but when you get a nap and you're not used to it, it is sometimes hard to go back to sleep.
I hope you enjoyed my essay...sorry if it is more like rambling, I've had a long week!
2 comments:
Sounds like you've been busy! We've got sick kids again--more so Courtney but Lindsey started with a cough yesterday--oh joy! That would be the reason I'm not working today. Courtney is just miserably congested and her skin is clammy. No fever thankfully, but the congestion makes her gag which in turn makes her barf...on me. Did you ever find out if Jacob swallowed the pennies after all? Or better yet, did you retrieve them?
pennies and nickels are counted for! Thankfully we have also found the piggy bank! Hopefully he won't "rob" himself.
Post a Comment